Date of Last Update: September 2019
For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, the data controller is Primavera Life GmbH, a company registered in Germany with company number 128 797 246 and having its registered office at Naturparadies 1, 87466 Oy-Mittelberg, Germany.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide
You may provide personal data to us in several ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion and when you make a purchase on our site or via our social media pages. The types of personal data you provide to us may include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address and mobile or other phone number)
- Age or date of birth
- Username and password, nickname, or screen name
- Payment information (such as your credit card number, expiration date, and card security code)
- Shipping and billing information (such as delivery address and billing address)
- Purchase history
- Product preferences
- Your skin type / skin condition
- Your physical characteristics and your skincare concerns
- Contact information for friends, family or other people you would like us to send a message to on your behalf (please ensure that you only submit contact information of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who have consented to receive messages from you or us)
- Information or content you provide (such as photographs, videos, product reviews, articles, questions, survey responses and comments)
- Information provided to us through social media networks when you visit our social media pages (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described on the social media networks’ sign-up pages)
How We Use the Information
We will use the information you provide to:
- Send you promotional materials or other communications if you so elect
- Provide the products or services you (or your company) have requested and operate features on our site
- Process your credit card transactions and/or gift card transactions
- Create and manage your online account, including access to your online and in-store purchase history
- Create a profile about you based on the information you provided to us to personalize our advertisements to your interests, find your appropriate skincare routine and optimize the effectiveness of our marketing
- Help you with product selection and replenishment
- Chat with you or respond to your inquiries
- Post your product reviews
- Tailor ads displayed to you on our site and elsewhere to your interests and history with us
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, surveys and other offers
- Operate and communicate with you about our social network pages
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection. The information collected is necessary for the purposes set forth above. Without this information, you may not be able to take advantage of some of our products or services.
Legal Basis for Our Use of the Information
We will use the information you provide for the above purposes if:
- it is necessary to perform a contract to which you are party (i.e., to process your payment and deliver the products you have ordered); or
- we have obtained your consent; or if
- we have a legitimate interest in doing so (including a legitimate interest in performing marketing activities, research activities, data analytics, internal administration functions, processing and enforcing legal claims and conducting our business in compliance with all applicable laws, relevant industry standards and our policies).
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit this site, view or click on our online advertisements (including our advertisements on third party websites) or visit our social media pages, we also collect certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs or web beacons. As set forth in more detail below, we may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies.
Technology We Use
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser.
The following types of cookies are set on this site.
1. Cookies, Web Server Logs and Web Beacons
We use first-party cookies to help the site work in the best possible manner. You can opt out of receiving these cookies and disable them by adjusting your browser settings. Please note, however, that without these cookies, your user experience may be impacted.
In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
To control which web servers collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
2. Third Party Web Analytics Services
You may deactivate the ability of these analytics services to analyze your browsing activities on this site. To learn more about web analytics services, and to exercise your choice with respect to their collection of information on this site:
- To disable Google Analytics, please download the browser add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics provided by Google at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en . To learn more about privacy and Google Analytics please consult the Google Analytics overview provided by Google at: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html;
- We may implement certain Google Analytics Advertising Features (including Remarketing with Google Analytics; Google Display Network Impression Reporting or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting). You can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features through Google Ad settings or by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ . We will use the data provided by these features as described under “How We Use the Information We Collect.”
3. Targeted Advertising
4. Third Party Cookies Intended to Improve the Interactivity of the Site
We may also use third-party platforms, including platforms operated by social networks, such as Google, Facebook and Pinterest, to show you interest-based ads. We may convert your email address, telephone number or other information into a unique value which can be matched by those third parties with a user on their platform or with other data they may have collected from you. This matching allows interest-based ads to be delivered on those platforms. To opt-out of these ads, you must change your preferences in your browser. These third-party platforms may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review.
We do not rent lists, sell or otherwise disclose personal data we collect about you.
Your Rights and Choices
You have rights and choices in connection with the personal data we collect from you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us at info(at)shopamala.com.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by emailing info(at)shopamala.com at any time. When you opt out of receiving these marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product purchase.
We may transfer the personal data we collect about you to third party service providers in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected (including the United States), where necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Policy and your personal data may be processed and stored outside of your country of residence. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as your country of residence and your personal data will be subject to applicable foreign laws.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
By law we must keep basic information about our customers including contact, identity, financial and transaction data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
How We Protect Personal Data
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to ensure an appropriate level of security of your personal data, in particular to protect your personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances, including the security of your data during transmission to us or the security of data on your mobile device.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
How To Contact Us